Lesson 1 Vocabulary
- The title bar text changes to display the name of the active document.
- Allows access to the Word Options dialog box and provides control to create new documents, save and print documents, as well as several other features.
- The Ribbon is grouped according to the task being performed.
- Designed to help you quickly find the commands that you need to complete a task. Commands are organized in logical groups, which are collected together under tabs. Each tab relates to a type of activity, such as writing or laying out a page.
- The tabs allow access to various groups of commands on the Ribbons.
- This toolbar provides access to commonly used tasks like saving a document.
- A customizable toolbar that contains a set of commands that are independent of the tab that is currently displayed.
- The mouse pointer and/or the location to which the mouse is pointing.
- In word processing, a line running across the display screen. It measures the page layout in points, picas, inches, or centimeters. It is sometimes called the ruler line and is particularly useful for setting margins and tabs. Sophisticated desktop publishing systems and page layout programs sometimes support movable rulers that you can move around the display screen to measure particular items of text or graphics.
- Use scroll bars to move the window up or down one line or left and right, one section at a time.
- The view buttons for the Word window appear on the lower right side of the window. These buttons allow the user to determine the way that the document is viewed.
- Words, numbers or symbols that appear in a document.
- Click on these for related groups of commands that you would use in a Word document.
- A collection of related commands under a tab in Word.
- Specific tasks in Word. Most of these are a button, a box to enter information, or a menu.
- A list of frequently-used commands that appears when you right-click on an object.
- The file extension for files created in Word 2007 and Word 2010.
- The word processing program in Microsoft Office.
- A file that you save in Word.